Free tournaments are always available, with many going at any given time. It’s not uncommon to see 20-30 active at once, and players can join them all – absolutely free! And winning one of these (or at least making it in the money, which includes a large portion of the players that take part) gives cash, which can then be either used for more betting or can be withdrawn.
For those that are completely new to e-sports and aren’t sure how to get started, AlphaDraft releases their own guides on how to build a winning team, as well as various videos that help better understand how it all works and how to increase the chance of winning a competition. While these are available to everyone, not all players will watch them, and of those that do, an even smaller percentage will actually follow through with the work and strategies that are contained within each. So by simply viewing them and doing what they say, a huge advantage can be obtained in the e-sports betting. Match this up with the free wagers, and it’s yet another great aspect of the site that any player is sure to love.
For players that want to pit their team up against multiple different tournaments, that’s possible. Once a tournament has been selected and a team has been set up, there is an option to join other tournaments with the exact same setup. The list is organized by cost of entry, and gives all relevant data, such as rewards, date and time, etc. This makes entering multiple tournaments as simple as just selecting them on a check box, and then confirming the decision. The best part? This even works for the free tournaments, making it that much easier to enter all of the free tournaments, as well as the low-stake and high-stake ones.
Supported Games and Leagues
AlphaDraft supports the following games:
- League of Legends
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
- DOTA 2
As for the leagues supported across the games, they include:
- Smite Pro
- EU LCS
- NA LC
- ESL One
- NA CS
- EU CS
- Archon League
- Hitbox Smite
- Eouyu Cup
- HuomaoTV League
- Hitbox Challenge
- ESL One
- TI5 Wild Card
- CEVO NA
- Fall Relegation
- CEVO EU
AlphaDraft supports four different wager types:
- Tournament: pays out in a decreasing fashion (i.e., first place gets 30%, second gets 20%, etc.)
- 50/50: half of the players win and half lose. Winners double their money
- Booster: rewards the players with a specific percentage of payout. A 10x booster will pay out 10x of the entry fee, for example
- Winner takes all: first place wins the entire prize pool
There are options to show only tournaments that match a specific type, or show all available tournaments, giving full flexibility for players to pick and choose the reward structure they like the most. And with hundreds of matches available at any time, there are plenty of each type to fulfill any player’s needs and risk tolerance.
Deposits and Withdrawals
Deposits can be made using PayPal and all four major credit cards: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover. The minimum deposit amount is $10, and the maximum is $600 per charge.
Withdrawals are all done using PayPal, with a minimum withdrawal amount of $10.
There is a “refer a friend” bonus of $25, given as soon as a user joins using a specific referral code and makes their first deposit to the site (which must just be a minimum of $10, making this a very efficient system for referrers).
There is also a first deposit bonus of 30%, up to a maximum of $250. And to make it easier to calculate, the deposit bonus shows clearly on the deposit page, giving an instant quote of how much to expect from it.
For players that want to take part and don’t want to risk any of their own money (whether because they’re just getting started and want to learn how it all works or to test out strategies), there are many matches that are free to wager and still offer up cash rewards. These are more tough to win due to the much larger player pools and smaller prizes, but they are a great way to get a start with absolutely no risk, and build up from there.
Pros and Cons
- There are tons of tournaments that can be wagered on, day and night
- A massive pool of players increases the amount of the cash pots for winners
- The availability of free tournaments gives even the newest players the chance to win without taking any risks
- It’s easy to sign a team up for multiple tournaments at once, rather than manually re-creating it over and over for each of them
- A minimum withdrawal of $10 can be a bit of a hassle for players that are mostly taking part in the cheap (free or $0.01-0.05) games, as building up can be tough
- Maximum deposits of $600 per time cut down on the benefit for high rollers, adding a delay and extra step in getting their funds to the site
- Withdrawals only being available via PayPal are quite limiting when it comes to players gaining access to their winnings